San Marcos, Seguin, and New Braunfels, Texas Visa Attorneys Immigration Overview
The San Marcos immigration lawyers at the Law Office of Case J. Darwin, Inc. have experience with all types of visas and fully understand U.S. immigration laws. Our visa attorneys work with clients throughout San Marcos, Seguin and New Braunfels, answering their immigration questions and resolving visa issues from petitions and appeals to deportation defense. Please see more information below for an immigration overview.
Temporary Stays on Non-Immigrant Visas
International visitors add greatly to our nation’s cultural, educational and economic life, and we continue the proud tradition of welcoming visitors to the United States, with secure borders and open doors. Many citizens of Canada and Visa Waiver Program countries may visit the U.S. without a visa if they meet certain requirements. For other foreign citizens, a
nonimmigrant visa is necessary to enter the country, whether coming for tourism, medical treatment, or a business-based immigration reason such as for temporary work.
We can assist you through the process of obtaining a visa in any of the following areas. If you later decide you want to stay in the U.S. permanently, it may be possible to obtain a green card for lawful permanent residence through an adjustment of status proceeding.
- B-1 Temporary visitor for business
- B-2 Temporary visitor for pleasure (tourist visa)
- E-1 Treaty Trader, including spouse and children
- E-2 Treaty Investor, including spouse and children
- F-1 Student Visa
- H-1B Work Visas for Specialty Occupations (including fashion models)
- J-1 Visas for exchange visitors
- K-1 Fiancée and Fiancé Immigration Visas
- O-1 Extraordinary ability in Sciences, Arts, Education, Business, or Athletics
- P-1 Individual or team athletes
- R-1 Religious workers
- TN – Trade visas for Citizens of Canada and Mexico
Immigrant Visas for Permanent Residence
Immigrating to the United States to live here permanently is an important and complex decision. Our immigration attorneys can help you identify the appropriate visa and understand the requirements and supporting documents you will need to apply to immigrate to the U.S. In most cases, you will need to be sponsored by a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, such as a prospective employer or a relative if immigrating for a family-based reason. There are different rules and procedures for immigrating depending upon whether you are already in the U.S. or are filing from abroad. We can help you through the process of obtaining lawful permanent residence through the following methods:
- Immediate Relatives Immigration Visa
- Special Immigrants
- Family-sponsored Immigration Visa
- Employer-sponsored Immigration Visa
- Marriage to a Foreign National
- Diversity Immigrant Visa Program, commonly know as the Green Card Lottery
- Employment Immigrant Visas
Comprehensive Assistance with Immigration Law in San Marcos
Beyond the process for obtaining immigrant and non-immigrant visas, the Law Office of Case J. Darwin, Inc. can assist you with applications for citizenship through naturalization or deportation defense when necessary. Firm founder Case J. Darwin is a Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law. Whatever your needs are in the field of immigration law in San Marcos, Seguin or New Braunfels, contact the Law Office of Case J. Darwin, Inc. for sound advice and professional assistance.
For more information please visit justice.gov.